Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William's Halloween Party
I took William with me at my family's Halloween party. I was Sally from a Nightmare Before Christmas and he was a pumpkin. Everybody commented on how real he looked. My cousin had invited some of her friends as well. One of them sat him on her lap and burped him lol It makes me laugh that everytime someone holds him, they do things like that.

We went outside to give candies to the little kids. At some point, lots of kids came, so I asked my mom to watch him for me. I came back inside, and I couldn't see either of them. I found my mom in the kitchen without him. I asked her where she left William. She said on the couch but he wasn't there. I was starting to get worried that one of my cousin hid him as a joke (they're all over 25 years old Tongue) but it turns out my cousin Alexandre had him. He took him outside to give out candy, and he was actually holding him properly XD LOL

One of my cousin's friend wanted to be funny and lifted his shirt to breastfeed him. It got me really mad but I didn't say anything. But when I got home I wiped his face and limbs good!!! I don't know if I'm the only one who gets like that when people are around my reborn. I'm all paranoid when I pass him around, like "Hold him like a real baby" "If you break him, I'll break all of your bones!" I guess it's a mother's instinct Tongue Even my mom told someone not to hold him by the limbs. What a good mommy she is lol

He spent some quality time in my aunt's arms, as always. She always scolds me for not having a bottle for him. "But I like to feed babies, just get him a bottle so I can feed him!"

Sorry I'm rambling on lol I had a very rough week and I'm just starting to feel better (which means I don't start to cry at any moment with no warning!) The loss of my rabbit has been hard on me which is why I haven't been posting a lot.

Anyways, enjoy the pictures! Smile

[Image: Halloween01.jpg]

[Image: Halloween02.jpg]

[Image: Halloween03.jpg]
[Image: BabyBanterSiggie.jpg]
Sounds like the family have taken to William he looks cute in his pumpkin outfit
There is all ways some wise cracks from the odd ones though. When I did my craft fair people were touching my dolls without asking and I didnt like it next time Im going to put signs up to say ask me if they want a cuddle, some people just dont hold them right its awful to watch especially when the hair has just been styled too and suddenly they look like they have been dragged through an edge backwards
Pleased your feeling a bit better Caroline
Judy x
I know! It bugs me so much too Judy! It's like "Hiss, don't touch!" lol

I'm super careful when I handle him. People don't expect them to be so heavy, so it's always dangerous that they might drop them because they're not holding them properly. I'm glad I'm not the only one like that ^_^
wow such great photos and you ae right he does look real.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
He looks adorable in his pumpkin costume Caroline. I know how you feel when people pick them up incorrectly. I put some of mine out in the cradle when i had my garage sale i didn't mind people giving them a cuddle but a lot wanted to pick them up with one hand around the neck or under one arm. I nearly had a heart attack. ARRGGGG. I felt like screaming PICK THEM UP LIKE A REAL BABY. I kept on saying, they are heavier than you expect and then picked them up first to hand over for a cuddle. Luckily Andrew was at the front so he got handed around the most. His hair is painted so I didn't have to worry about re-styling. Will keep that in mind for Craft Fair Judy and make sure i take a brush etc.

Nikki
You know maybe we should invest in a big transparent plastic case to carry them in, with an alarm when somebody touches the glass LOL We could decorate the inside like a little room Tongue

Mind you if we did that they'd probably make another bad documentary about us -_- lol
awwwww he is absolutly adorable in his little pumpkin suit!
hugs gayle
DanaXScully Wrote:I don't know if I'm the only one who gets like that when people are around my reborn. I'm all paranoid when I pass him around, like "Hold him like a real baby" "If you break him, I'll break all of your bones!" I guess it's a mother's instinct

I'm the same way. Yesterday, I took Rebecca & Carolina with me to my friend's house so that she could see them. My friend is holding Carolina on her lap when she suddenly rips Carolina's paci from her mouth! Although her paci is magnetic, the magnets aren't aligned correctly so I added a dab of paci putty to secure the paci. I was absolutely horrified. I felt like yelling at her, "Do you know how hard it is to get that putty on there just right so that if looks natural and doesn't fall off?!" I gave Carolina a kiss and cuddle in private once I got her home.
~Donna
Donna I understand completely lol
People also tend to undress them a bit to see how they're made. That bugs me a bit too.
well I get really offended when people pick my bubs up by an arm or the neck or treat them with disrespect These people are adults and apart from the cost of the bubs they are also aware of the time taken to make them.

Soooo from my little corner of the world my voice agrees with your feelings on the subject.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save