Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where I live
sadly  we have not had conditions such as these since 1903 and yes this is land around my town

I am doing the washing for 4 families plus my own and my friends will soon be showering at my place as they have only been able to shower once a week up until now but they  have to buy in water which is really expensive. We have town water for 10  more months and then things will of course change but no rain is predicted until February 2020

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-09-11-at-1-48-23-pm.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2019-09-11-at-1-48-42-pm.png]

I had new fences put up and was planning to put in a veg garden but that will have to wait for a while as my yard is a sad little dust bowl at the moment and of course fires are all around us so the loss of wild life and stock is right out there.

anyway will share more photos

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I have a friend who lives in Glen Innes and she said that town near her are out of water and are having to buy it in. They are lucky they have a borehole but it's only 10' deep at the moment. It frightening to think of a country in so much trouble when they are surrounded by water. Why have the government in the past not built desalination plants I hope they will give some thought to have a couple built now after this dreadful weather.

It is most kind of you to share your facilities with friends. Let's hope it rains and soon.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
we are a long way from the sea as we are in the mountains or the range as its know.
 The Great Dividing Range is the highest part of Australia. It is a series of hills, mountains and plateaux.  These ranges include the New England Plateau, (this is where I live)  the Australian Alps, the Snowy Mountains , the Blue Mountains and the Grampian Mountains. Australia's tallest mountain is in the Great Dividing Range: Mount Kosciuszko in the Australian Alps( it stands at height of 2228 metres). This part of Australia contains extinct volcanoes, that have been eroded until only the strong volcanic rock remains. It divides the east coast from the inland and has a major influence on our climate, population spread and settlement patterns, economics and agriculture.
It is home to a variety of plants and animals that don't exist anywhere else on earth. It is the source of our
longest rivers and
our
highest mountains. The range covers an area of
2,456,547 km²

We have not have this little rain fall since 1903 and it lasted for 8 years so we really are in uncharted waters so to speak. I think no one thought it would go on this long

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save