Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats new with you
When I was young I used to be great dancer and did ballet, highland and country dancing and of course lets not forget DISCO lol yes I am from that area.
These days at 60 I hurt everywhere , my back aches, my body is tired and my feet hurt but I have to say dancing and rehearsing is rather fun and of course with age I have added weight so moving that around is a whole new experience but an interesting one.
I have just about finished my gypsy witches costume so all is good.

Spring is here and our temps are already 12 above average and today I read the news that North Korea is threatening to shoot down American planes so October will be a very interesting month when it arrives.

I have started work on the new shop which will open May 2018.

What about you guys, plans for the holidays, new dolls, new doll shows, life in general and for those on the other side of the world to Australia are you getting ready for winter as I have a feeling it may be a mean one.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
This is a good topic. Smile
I'm 48 yo, and also starting aching everywhere, lol! Just came from the clinic where I did some xrays to hands, feet, hips and spine and more blood tests. I'm living in pain, and it has been difficult. But I am sure it will be better soon, with the medication the doctor prescribed me.
And you are right. Winter is coming. I hope it will not be so evil... I am from a tropical country, and although I live in Portugal for over 14 years, winters are very hard to go through, for me.
My plans with the dolls is to do even less dolls per year, as I am becoming very tired of my full time job, house, family, animals (we have a lot of animals, by the way) and the dolls altogether. It's too much for one person to handle.
At this moment I am working on custom reborn dolls. Christmas is around the corner, and everyone wants a doll, but my Agenda is already closed.

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
It sounds like your busy Andrea which can be both good and bad. Its a shame that we get ills and aches but we keep on going.

Do you make a lot of dolls each year

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Let's not speak of winter....GRRR!!! I am NOT a cold weather person and it will be here soon enough!!! I LOVE the fall of the year, but it just doesn't last long enough...the beautiful blue skies and the brilliant colors of the leaves!!! The smells are so different to...everything is crisp!!

I am busy...but not so busy as you two...my goodness....how do you do it all???

I am 60 too Andama!!! Disco...now THAT was fun!!! HAHA

These days...it's football and soccer games we watch the grandkids play....I am currently working on Maylin Auer and have another Phoenix and Levi that I am planning to do before Christmas......
[Image: LOGOforEBAY-1-1.jpg]
Save
I've recently made some big changes. I'll be 60 next year, had piled on so much weight and wasn't feeling good about myself. I found the perfect nutrition system for me which also gave me energy so I joined a Rookies Crossfit class. First time in my life I was exercising and it was way out of my comfort zone. I graduated from the 6 weeks Rookie class yesterday and am signing up for more punishment. I was stuck in a job that I hated and it seemed everyone I sat beside were depressed and didn't want to be there so I quit. I'm off to the Adelaide doll show in just over a week and am taking the sculpting class with the lovely Marita Winters, so I'm excited to be learning something new. I am still plodding along making and selling dolls. But as the weather is getting hotter and I am moving more I am spending more time in the pool. Disco yes I remember it well but I was never a dancer, awesome you're back into dancing Andama. If we can get our sore, stiff bodies moving a bit more most of the aches and pains go away. Big Grin
(09-30-2017, 09:28 AM)andama Wrote: It sounds like your busy Andrea which can be both good and bad. Its a shame that we get ills and aches but we keep on going.

Do you make a lot of dolls each year

cheers

Not much, Andi. Last year I made 36. This year it will be less. And next year, even less. As time goes by, I feel so tired, and have not enough energy for everything I have to do. I have to spare my hands for my full time job and making the dolls puts an overload on them, so, I need to reduce the dolls work.

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
wow Judy go you brave thing and quitting your job now thats pretty big so keep us updated on what you decide to do.

I wish I had the talent to sculpt but we can not have it all but I do admire those who do have that skill

Let us know what you think of the Adelaide show I look forward to hearing about it.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Will do Andama and I'll take lots of pics to post on here.
I am 71 and don't paint as many babies as I would like to paint. I have a growing stash of kits and I keep ordering new ones that I don't have time to paint. Between my 97 year old mother and 8 month old Airedale puppy, I stay busier than I would like to be! Thankfully not a lot of aches and pains! Cooler temperatures are coming to Oklahoma and I need to close my swimming pool and get the cover on it before the leaves fall off of the oak trees and double my difficulty at getting it done!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Good to hear we are all busy, some way too busy, and I am one of the latter one, I have a doll show this coming Sunday and another 6 weeks later, yet the mood of " don't want to work" hit me badly for a good few weeks where all I did was read. At my age, the oldest so far - will be 74 Christmas week, and my whole body aches from top to bottom, am riddled with arthritis and have lost 2" in heigh as spine is crumbling, I played a lot of sport in my youth,swimming, tennis, netball, Essex league squash until I was 42 then fell a flight of stairs and did in both my ankles, I carried on swimming a mile 3 times a week at 5am - yes I said 5am, I belong to a Hotel spa and they are open al the time, officially was not allowed to swim until 6am, but no one said anything, but that had to stop just under 2 years ago, as the pain was just too much. I found my mojo and have been crocheting and sewing for the two shows. I have a day most week where a friend comes over and we reborn, so have 6 dolls to take with me and hope to sell one or two.

We enjoy the theatre and saw two plays last week, Dennis the lead singer from Dr Hook now does his own concerts and we are off to see him this evening, with a meal in the theatre first. We pack as much into the day as we can, live life to the full, its not a dress rehearsal
Designer crochet baby clothing 

[Image: 413697283.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/