Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unconditional Love

My brother has a house which is a little country in both area and style lol and he rents it to two women whom I am friends with. One of these woman was a cat lover and the other a dog lover and neither was really keen on any other kind of animal. Both women were worked hard on farms most of their lives and both had ended up alone so sharing a home is older age was a smart idea especially for company and cost.
They really wanted an animal in their home but they couldn’t decide on what it should be so 9 years ago I gave them a Chihuahua puppy called Murphy as I feel that breed of dog is a cross between a cat and dog lol and of course this little dog had given much joy over the years which of course animals do.
I visit these ladies now and then so my little dog can have a play date with their two chihuahuas as they have another little boy chihuahua called Tank added to their home. Over the last few months I have watched their little girl become sicker as she has aged and she is now blind and struggling to support herself on her tiny little limbs and on Tuesday I talked them into having her put to sleep. I have arranged to have the vet go to their home at 1pm so she can be at home when she passes and then she will be cremated and returned a few days later.
It is so sad how these beautiful animals can bring so much joy into our lives in often less than a decade and how soul destroying it is when we have to say good bye. I have had many dog companions over the years and no matter how much pain it is to lose one I still get another as these wonderful creatures really are the epitome of unconditional love.
I feel that animals are gods life savers for those of us who are alone as we always have someone to talk to, to care for some and a warm body to hold when we we feel down or sad. It is always a pleasure to come home as there is no welcome like a dogs welcome when you have been to the supermarket or just the letter box and thank god again for giving me someone to walk with and talk to while I am having my daily walk as talking to a dog is more acceptable than talking to oneself lol.

Today is a sad day and a good day, it is sad that my friends must let the dog they love so much go and good because they are letting the dog they love so much, go.

[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Oh Andi, that made me cry. Yes, it's so true. Animals are so beautiful as they understand how to convey so much love without having the ability to communicate with words like we do. Even the most beautiful words cannot express the kind of true, pure love that animals give to us. Isn't it amazing when they look into your eyes 'just right' and you would swear they were human? My Maddie does this and sometimes I hear her little voice when I'm sad or upset about something. I've had her since she was 7 weeks old (she's 3 now) and I cannot imagine life without her. She's always ready and willing to give kisses and loves no matter how her day has went. Smile I know when the time comes for me and her to part, I'll feel like part of myself is going with her - but I'm forever grateful for her choosing me to spend her life with...I'd like to think she chose me the day we 'met.'

My love and blessings to your friends for their loss...♥♥♥
[Image: LaurieMarie.jpg]
~Laurie Marie~
Be My Baby Nursery
Animals are such special friends, sending hugs to your friends Smile And yes Laurie it's so special when animals look at you "just right" I know exactly what you mean and I think everyone who's had a pet or known an animal would too Smile
Gabriele, GJOYful Bears

[Image: VanLatteSig-1-1.jpg]

Handmade Artists Bears & Fantasy Sculptures

http://www.gjoyfulbears.com/main.html

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/gjoyfulbearsfantasysculptures

That is very sad. I have Chihuahuas and never thought about the dog/cat thing but it is true.
They are the most beautiful dogs and so intelligent.
Whenever I have lost one of my babies, I have had dogs all my life, I have always had more than one at a time and I think that helps lots with the loss as you still have someone who needs you.
Cheers,
Sheree

We don't stop laughing because we grow old,
We grow old because we stop laughing.

It's so sad that our fur babies don't live as long as we do. We've had Westies for almost 16 years now. We started off with one and suddenly had three. The only one left of the three is the oldest and she is a very old lady now, sleeping most of the time. We got Ollie last year because I couldn't bear the thought of being Westie-less when Sophie crosses the rainbow bridge. Hugs and good thoughts to you and your two friends Andama.
hugs,
~ Sandra ~

Kirby Kids Nursery
Rainbow bridge what a fantastic way to look at it, that is so nice Sandra.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
I dont know if any of you are interested but I love this site and it is free to join and use.
I love the pet section and it is so nice reading what people write about their beautiful animals plus if you decide to have a page for your pets you can share the link.

http://www.gonetoosoon.org/

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Thanks Andi - that's wonderful Smile

I forgot to mention that I went to see this amazing medium a few years back out of curiosity. Out of no where he began to ask the girl next to me who the little dog was that was trying to jump on the couch we both were sitting on. She said she had a cat, but never owned a dog. He looked at me and said, "Maybe she's for you?" I smiled big wondering and I shrugged. He said, "Her name is like a 'P' sound - Prezzie or Prizzie. I believe it starts P-R-I." My mouth dropped. My little toy poodle that died many years before I ever met this man was named Aapri - we called her Pri or sometimes Prizzie. Well, I was baffled and touched beyond words. I do believe our furry little ones NEVER leave us... ♥
[Image: LaurieMarie.jpg]
~Laurie Marie~
Be My Baby Nursery
This always makes me cry but I imagine my beloved dogs and horses there and I feel better.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

hugs,
~ Sandra ~

Kirby Kids Nursery
Oh my god Sandra, don't make me cry!!!!!!
That was beautiful.
Cheers,
Sheree

We don't stop laughing because we grow old,
We grow old because we stop laughing.