Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
umbilical cord
how i made mine, you will need strips of coloured cloth , reds blues, cream and
[Image: picture2741.jpg]

mauve, latex gloves , bowl , water, glue , magn.ets, elastic
[Image: picture2764.jpg]
cut fingers off latex gloves, place strips of cloth in a bowl of water, squeeze water out leaving damp.
[Image: picture27441.jpg]
[Image: picture27451.jpg]
put thumb and index finger in latex finger pinch the beginning of the strips of cloth

[Image: picture2766.jpg]
roll latex finger over strips , stretching.

[Image: picture2767.jpg]
[Image: picture2768.jpg]
[Image: picture2769.jpg]

now PHYSICALLY SUCK OUT ALL THE AIR,
[Image: picture27502.jpg]
and tie tightly with elastic then glue magnet to end repeat with second finger, THIS IS THE RESULT
[Image: Picture2762.jpg]
This can also be done using wool (blue, red, white) instead of strips of cloth . One -three threads of each colour and if you twist the finger of the glove a number of times then heat it you will get a very natural cord and when finished it will shrink around the wool making the cord thinner, smaller and darker.
If you want the cord to be for life then soaking the wool or cloth is not recommended as it will rot away and small bad over time.

Heating the latex will shrink it around the wool melting it all together giving a very natural look. A magnet in one end and the other inside the baby will hold the cord in place if the mum wants to show it off but will allow it to be removed with ease..... a bit like a dummy.

The wet look is used in films and is perfect for photos and posing and thanks Teresa for sharing your version with us it is really good and the photos are great.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
wow, so amazing, i never liked the cord thing before but i have to admit it does add realism to the babes, will have to try it ! thanks for your helpful tips x
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]
WOW thats `brilliant its taken me days to sus this one out x x love teresa x how do you heat it and how hot does it have to be , thankyou love teresa x
I use a heat gun to melt the cord but you can use an oven and it only needs to be in long enough to melt around the wool. Remember the outer cover is latex so it will melt pretty quickly. If you leave it in a little longer you can get it take on a more realistic look.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
thankyou very much , ......lets get cooking x lol x
lol I look forward to hearing how you get on Teresa.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
I'm gonna need this for a baby which will be used on an advertising soon.

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
Nice, I think I'll try this. x
[Image: forumlogo15_zpsgacc9kxd.jpg]
Here is how Nicole Russell makes her umbilical cords. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...937&type=3
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]