Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Reborn Milk Solution
Hi Everyone.
Have you ever been frustrated with making your milk formulas?
As an artist, we were taught the first rule in canvas work- nothing in a landscape painting is 'stark white', it has to be tinted to look 'real'.

Creating fake milk applies. I have seen many use fabric softener, glue and water and all sorts of things, but I have done some experimentation in my kitchen with nothing but acrylic paint and a component I have never seen yet.

Many of course would use acrylic paint, but getting the colour right is the key.
I have always used the 'stark white' rule, by adding just a tiny dash of yellow, and water. Real milk contains fat so it really isn,t start white. But if anyone has found tipping the bottle creates a slow run back with that opaque film on the inside of the bottle I have stumbled across the solution. Experimenting in the kitchen, It came to me to ad a good helping of Glycerine I had in the cupboard. (I use it to make my own Hand soap for the bathroom mixing it with dish soap after reading the ingredients one day of two bottles the difference between dish soap and handsoap was nothing but the addition of glycerine.-saves heaps of money)
You would not believe the result. It disapates from the sides of the bottle fast and I am very pleased with it. Smile you can pick up a bottle of glycerine from any supermarket or chemist. $8 at Coles I think?
Glue on the sealing disk, double secure for leakes with silicone sealer (you can put a dab in the teat hole too) and pop on your lid.

Happy fake milk making everyone. Smile
Thanks for that tip. I use fabric softener and it doesn't seem to leave a film on the side of the bottle. You can now order "blind" nipples without a hole in them from Nonie's Angels so that the milk can flow safely into the nipple of the bottle. I still glue the bottle closed and seal the nipple to the lid.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Glycerin is a great idea! Do you mix it with water? What is the ratio?
Yes you ad it to the water. I put in a good amount didn't really measure but just keep adding until you shake it gently and see the run back. I Just did two good pours probably in the vicinity of not quite 1/4 cup to give a better idea of the amount.
Here is a photo of what you should see. This is my paint milk with a tiny bit of yellow.

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsmbnxuhql.jpg]

I only ever half fill my bottles because I like the 'half empty' look.
(06-24-2015, 06:24 PM)Aero1 Wrote: Yes you ad it to the water. I put in a good amount didn't really measure but just keep adding until you shake it gently and see the run back. I Just did two good pours probably in the vicinity of not quite 1/4 cup to give a better idea of the amount.
Here is a photo of what you should see. This is my paint milk with a tiny bit of yellow.
I only ever half fill my bottles because I like the 'half empty' look.
Or "half-full" LOL! The formula looks awesome!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Yes, it looks great! Thanks for sharing.
So you just add some yellow? And the glycerine to make it slower? Thanks. Smile
Only a tiny tiny amount you can generally tell by the colour if it looks milky or turns to juice or banana. maybe a brush tip scraping. The glycerine helps to stop the paint sticking the the walls of the bottle.
I did some more experimentation and the fabric softener stuck, when water was added it went foamy like soap, and I also tried olive oil in the paint.
While the olive oil is ok it does separate from the paint and water when it's sitting and needs to be shaken to mix in again. (Naturally oil sits on top of water tee hee)
But if that doesn't,t bother you it woks ok.
If Gylcerine is too expensive, pick up some sorbeline with 10% glycerine you can pick it up for nicks at some 2 bob shops and chemists. It will also work and there's no separation at standing like the oil. Smile
Thanks for all the info
Thanks for the tip. Do you use baby bottles, what type?