Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cost of Getting Started
JEEEEEEEZ...it's easy to lose track of how much you're spending when you spend £30 here and £40 there, another £10 here and just a fiver there. So I just finished looking at my online banking and totaling it all up. I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach now. I've spent WAAAY more than I thought. I think I'm going to be sick Sad
[Image: silvery_moon_small.png]

Reborn doll artist Sharla Field

Be sure to visit my website!
www.silverymooncherubs.com
Hehehehehe!! Big Grin

So true! Reborning a very addictive and expensive hobbie/art. Wink

I spent a lot also, buying babies and getting my stuff to start reborning. And I still spend much in both.

All I can tell is: I will have to be able to sell a lot of babies untill I see the money I spent back, if I ever see it back, LOL!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
so that's true, this costly hobby isWinkSmile
[Image: artrebornbeautifulbabyd.jpg][Image: 18265461.jpg]
Yep, making these little angels run a close tie to raising a real baby! Yikes! LOL! But... trust us...you're gonna LOVE IT! We've got you 9 toes into this wonderful world...and eventually ~ that one last toe that insists on staying in reality is gonna give in and go, "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Tongue
[Image: LaurieMarie.jpg]
~Laurie Marie~
Be My Baby Nursery
Yes very expensive Sharla to make these reborns .. thats why its such an insult when people ask for reborns around £100 .. I have paid that for kits alone !!
I actually saw some reborn dolls on ebay for less than the blank kits cost. I had considered buying one of those to reborn as opposed to the kit at first, but decided I'd rather do that once I have more experience. Initially, I want to start with a blank slate rather than having to pull something apart, try to clean it up and find myself overwhelmed before I've even begun.

I figured the dolls were so cheap because they were someone's first, second or third attempt at reborning and they wanted to recoup a small portion of their cost in order to pay for the next kit or what have you. In the future, I will want to buy a cheap reborn and remove the paint, hair, etc as a learning experience. I learn much better by doing things than watching or listening to someone else, and who knows, maybe opening up someone else's work will give me a new insight on how others do it. (Well, I think that's the same for everyone LOL)

It's called reverse engineering. Big Grin Big Grin

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
I would hate to think what I have totally spent on reborning!Certainly more than the babies I have sold,but I love it anyway Smile Now I budget out as I have all my supplies when I sell a baby that is funding for the next!I had been hoarding kits so I am finishing up the 4 left and only going to have this amount at a time at most....I hope LOL
Hugs Katrina xox

[Image: BlankBKRNTag2013.jpg]
Facebook:Blissful Kissables Katrina Shield
Blog:http://blissfulkissables.blogspot.com.au
LOL Andrea - oh yeah, it has a name! LOL

Katrina, I'm hoping that I've just spent so much because I had to get everything at once, paints, oven, kits, brushes, DVDs, ebooks, and all the other incidentals. I've spent probably 3 times more than I thought I would. YIKES! At least in the future I can budget things out better. But it may be another 3 months or so before I can afford to buy ANYTHING else, so let's hope I don't screw things up too badly with the kit I have coming! I'd hate to destroy it and have all those supplies lying around that I can do nothing with, then have to wait for months before I can try again.

*takes deep breath* Calm down, Sharla. Stop imagining worst case scenarios.

It's just SO MUCH money to lose if it all goes wrong and I end up with a burnt vinyl puddle on the floor. I'm not sure what angle I'd photograph that for the Fledgelings competition Big Grin

Take a deep breath and relax lol, you will spend way too much in the beginning and we all do then when you have made your first baby you will go on a kit buying spree and a baby clothes buying spree then once that has passed you will calm down a bit. It took me 10 years to calm down but I do have to admit I spend more on my bubs clothes clothes than I do mine as I like them to leave the nursery totally one of a kind.

Ahhhh who am kidding we all spend too much but it a lot of fun.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save