Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday is doll day
I teach baby making on Sundays in the shop and because it is a day set aside for these dolls I have been able to get a bit more organized in and unorganized way lol. I like to get the body washing out of the way so I tend to have a number of dolls on the go at the same time and at the moment I have 11 all in different stages of work, anyway thought I would share what I am working on at the moment

[Image: IMG_7738_zpsuuyhlmib.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7739_zpswbxby3pz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7740_zps6zhbkikf.jpg]

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Holly Molly! Big Grin

I usually only work on two at a time. One painting and one rooting.

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
Wow you have doll kits all over the place, if I did that I would have the wrong limbs on the wrong head lol - I joke not - how many join your class

I work on two at the same time only because I now have 3 ovens, a friend is only making silicone babies now so I had the offer to buy her oven for £15.00 could not refuse. I paint a few coats and whilst that is baking I paint another.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
In the winter I work on up to 20 dolls at a time as I let the paint air dry between coats ( I uses Genesis)and it can take all day to dry some days. its one of the joys of living in the highlands not that I mind. So I paint body wash on each kit and can do as I said up to 20 in a day I however may only work on them two days a week and sometimes one day a week. I have dolls in my living room that I am rooting but all are in different stages of growth, I love the painting and the rooting but the bit I don't like is putting them together so I have anything up to 10 dolls waiting to be put together and then dressed. Putting them together has always been my down side. I am busy at the moment getting my rat collection done as they are selling really well and I am opening another shop next door to the one I have so I am busy with the dolls and rats.
I will take photo as I go.
The new shop is Faeries of the glen and will house the rats, handmade fabric dolls, art dolls such as the reborns and other fantasy creatures all locally made. The shop will only open once a month and on all the holidays here so it should not be a burden and the doll makers of the Glen will look after it so I am happy about that. I am giving it to the local toys makers so they have a place to show and sell their wares and they can dress up and be silly . We do not cater for children so it will be promoted as get your Glenfae on lol There are half a dozen women at the moment who will be making these toys and I have no doubt it will grow.
I want a shop just for the reborns and other fantasy creatures and fun dolls and we get buses so that will be nice
I used to get the dolls mixed up which is why have the trees

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
wow lots of reborn work going on there Andama, you sound extremely busy with all your plans, I hope it all goes well for you.
T T F N......Ta Ta for now, :-) luv vicky x