Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sideburns?
I had this bubs custom made recently (before deciding to try my hand at reborning) and she just arrived this morning. Sad to say she isn't quite what I asked for. She's cute and most of her is fine but she has a big mottled patch right in the middle of her forehead. That's not too bad I suppose and I'm sure I can learn to live with that - though if I wanted to would it be possible to tone it down a little? But the worst thing is..... she has sideburns! They look absolutely horrible. Can I pluck them out? I'm worried it will leave little holes or make her end up looking odd.... HELP!

[Image: sideburns.jpg]
Wow ......... how unusual does she look with sideburns???? That is really weird lol. She looks like a nice bub just needs a bit of help perhaps. I would have to get rid of the sideburns too Sibella or I'd fear she'd have an identity crisis ROFL Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Someone who can suggest something to help will be along shortly SmileSmileSmile
Gabriele, GJOYful Bears

[Image: VanLatteSig-1-1.jpg]

Handmade Artists Bears & Fantasy Sculptures

http://www.gjoyfulbears.com/main.html

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/gjoyfulbearsfantasysculptures

Oh...that's not cool! Why in the world would someone put sideburns on a bub? I mean, so scarcely? Hmm, I'd pluck them out...but better wait to hear what the other girls would do. They would know, but I'd pluck 'em...maybe if her head was put back in oven it will soften down the holes left behind (if any)...course that means you'd have to take her apart, but it might be good practice? Maybe you could cover up holes with air dry paints? oh but, she's got hair...I don't think she could go back in oven. Maybe use a heat gun? Don't worry, the girls will have some good advice - I'm just racking a brain that has too many marbles in it! LOL! Big Grin Can you hear me now? Wink
[Image: LaurieMarie.jpg]
~Laurie Marie~
Be My Baby Nursery
I personally would be telling the seller what you aren't happy with before you did anything. You paid for her you shouldn't have to fix her up when you get her home. Do you mind if I ask was she a fairly new reborner who did her for you?
That's terrible Sad I think I'd be asking for her to be fixed including the patch on her forehead.
hugs,
~ Sandra ~

Kirby Kids Nursery
Sibella I too would contact the seller and tell her your not happy. You do have rights too.
Just say you would like a refund or if she can correct what you are not happy with. Mmmm not good if your not happy.
Any good artist would offer a full refund or offer to put right or maybe give you another bub in return.
So just ask the lady and let us know what she says. Does the lady have a web site or a FB where you can look at her her other babies.

Huggies
Brig xXx
Thanks girls. It is an unusual look that's for sure. Sad

I had to go out this morning but now I'm back and am just about to write to the seller to let her know I'm not happy. I won't do anything to the poor thing until I see if we can work something out.

The lady who made her for me has been reborning for a number of years and advertises as a custom reborner. Yes, she has a website and I've seen pics of other bubs she's made but I didn't notice sideburns on them - although, looking again just now, I think she has done them on some others ... especially a Bethany she's done but a hat is covering most of it so it's hard to say what it really looks like. Anyway, I'll write to her and see what she says. Pity she's on the other side of the world.
Most artists I have bought from have said if I'm not completely happy with it they will refund the doll and I can send it back ~ I think that's really lovely, thankfully I haven't had to do this but I'd be asking the artist if she would refund her if you're really not happy.
Gabriele, GJOYful Bears

[Image: VanLatteSig-1-1.jpg]

Handmade Artists Bears & Fantasy Sculptures

http://www.gjoyfulbears.com/main.html

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/gjoyfulbearsfantasysculptures

I would also be asking for a refund or the bub to be corrected and feel free to post a link to her page on the Rock the Cradle section to warn others if she will not help you.
I am not being rude but the hair does not actually like it has been rooted to a very high standard. Would you mind posting some more photos of the baby as I would love to see the face and the hair.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Thanks girls.

Well, I've written to her but it's about 3.30am over there right now so I'm not expecting a reply for a while yet. Instead of feeling happy when I look the doll, I feel gutted. Not good. Sad I haven't even bothered to dress her, but I did brush the hair forward to try to cover the stray plugs that run along the forehead hairline - and found loose hair had fallen onto her clothes afterwards. Is that normal?