Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad but Glad
I did my last doll show on Sunday last , my health is not so good, legs give way and I am unable to walk well at all, and sitting down is the worst thing possible, don't know the answer though, had an injection on l3th December and 4 groin injections two weeks ago, all to no avail, in fact worse than ever if I am honest. 

Had loads of people come up and say " you will be missed" which was lovely to hear, I will miss the shows been doing Craft fairs for 11 years and Reborn dolls shows for 10 years, 21 years of getting up early, so a bit of a sad time.

I sold everything I took with me on Sunday, even sold the triple rail that attaches to a table to one of the stall holders, and 3 figures I  used for showing off the clothes to another stall holder, sold 4 dolls too, so all is well had nearly a grand to bank on Monday, made hubby carry it all lol.  I still have 4 dolls left to sell, they were provisionally sold before the show to one lady, but she has now changed her mind, which is a bummer as I now have to take photos etc to try and sell them myself.   
I am still going to do orders for crochet/fabric,/knitting, I have completed 4 outfits for one customer in Canada, working on 4 premie jacket knitted sets for another customer, then knit two rompers for another lady, then  a pixie outfit, lastly another pink dress ( like the 2nd pic ) for a lady in the USA

[Image: 414135587.jpg]
[Image: 414139249.jpg]
[Image: 414141690.jpg]
[Image: 414142841.jpg]
Designer crochet baby clothing 

[Image: 414084362.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
Sounds like you will be staying busy.. I am sure you will miss the people at the shows. Kansas was my first show last year and I am anxiously waiting for the show this year.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
I have no doubts in the world that you will still be kept busy even at home. Our heath is such an issue but it gets to a point where we do actually need to slow down a bit.  Now maybe you can do more for you.

Your photos have gone 

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
(02-27-2019, 08:42 AM)andama Wrote: I have no doubts in the world that you will still be kept busy even at home. Our heath is such an issue but it gets to a point where we do actually need to slow down a bit.  Now maybe you can do more for you.

Your photos have gone 

cheers

I see all but one of the photos?
It says the photos were deleted

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Sorry to hear that Maxina Sad I too gave up the shows because I just couldn't be bothered with the amount of planning and effort, not to mentioned my poor hubby who used to drive me there and sit all day bored stiff !!! ( I can drive now but really cant be bothered with it lol ) I do miss being there though Sad
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]
I am looking forward to buying my little camper and doing a couple of shows. It will be easier traveling in a home on wheels lol

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
(03-04-2019, 10:03 PM)andama Wrote: I am looking forward to buying my little camper and doing a couple of shows. It will be easier traveling in a home on wheels lol

cheers

Anxious to watch your journey.
Im sure you will be much missed at the shows Maxina with your beautiful work my friend ... I have had quite a few bits of yours and still am using some at this moment ..Love Love Love.. you have told me you shall still be taking orders so that's nice to know .. Was lovely to see you again last year at Doncaster Show ..
Shows are really hard work and very expensive so you have to really love them to keep it up .. I have plane tickets to Valencia at the end of the month still .. no one to go to help me so cancelled my table .. well that and another reason . I have a table at Rose USA but my partner doesn't want to go so looks like I wont be doing that one either now..The last show I did in the uk I had a bad customer. I had a rant about it on FB (didn't mention names } at all .. Then I see a well known artist putting my name out there as a person treating her friend very badly etc etc etc.. WHAT !! I was totally mugged off with a sale by this woman and I had given my all to make her happy ..To be honest it has put a downer on me ever since then. I keep feeling like giving up with the dolls altogether. It was going to be the start up of shows for me again last year but instead it ruined everything for me .. I dont want to do any shows now at all .. Well I do but I wont if you know what I mean, doll shows are very clicky here in the UK ..So been lots on my mind regarding the doll world in the UK this last few months .. pushing myself to paint ..Im sure I will make a decision by the summer whether to carry on .. My dolls sell well I never have more than one available and one on Layaway .. I just don't know what I shall do yet .. I go over and over things in my mind until im totally fedup ..
Anyway I will get there im sure xx
(04-10-2019, 01:19 AM)judy54 Wrote: Im sure you will be much missed at the shows Maxina with your beautiful work my friend ... I have had quite a few bits of yours and still am using some at this moment ..Love Love Love.. you have told me you shall still be taking orders so that's nice to know .. Was lovely to see you again last year at Doncaster Show ..
Shows are really hard work and very expensive so you have to really love them to keep it up .. I have plane tickets to Valencia at the end of the month still .. no one to go to help me so cancelled my table .. well that and another reason . I have a table at Rose USA but my partner doesn't want to go so looks like I wont be doing that one either now..The last show I did in the uk I had a bad customer. I had a rant about it on FB (didn't mention names }  at all .. Then I see a well known artist putting my name out there as  a person treating her friend very badly etc etc etc.. WHAT !! I was totally mugged off with a sale by this woman  and  I had given my all to make her happy ..To be honest it has put a downer on me ever since then. I keep feeling like giving up with the dolls altogether. It was going to be the start up of shows for me again last year but instead it ruined everything for me .. I dont want to do any shows now at all .. Well I do but I wont if you know what I mean, doll shows are very clicky here in the UK  ..So been lots on my mind regarding the doll world in the UK this last few months .. pushing myself to paint ..Im sure I will make a decision by the summer whether to carry on .. My dolls sell well I never have more than one available and one on Layaway .. I just don't know what I shall do yet .. I go over and over things in my mind until im totally fedup ..
Anyway I will get there im sure xx

So sorry to read about the trouble you had that was so discouraging. Hoping you will recover and enjoy reborning again!