Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Effects air dry paint
ok so I tried the heat set paints and have discovered they really are not for me. I am to impatient and just find them to difficult to work with. I take my hat off to all you ladies who can happily work with them with out having a nervous break down lol
So I ordered in some Real Effects Air Dry Paints I just ordered some of the flesh colours to give them a try and see what I thought ....
I have a few custom orders to make so I decided to try these paints out on Jack by Tamie Yarie because he is small I figured it would give me a chance to get the hang of the paints before starting in on the customs with these paints.
I must say I have been pleasently surprised I am far from finished but here are my first impresions after doing a few base flesh layers and some shading
These paints are speacially forumlate for using on plastics (vynil) and are thinned with water. I have been using filtered water as I have done with other air dry paints
At first I was alittle worried as there was a fair amount of pearling on the vynil but after pouncing and a few layers found that it wasn't an issue at all
the paint when mixed properly gives a nice translucent look on the vynil
and yea so far I am very happy with it
I'll keep you all updated once I have finished and will see if my opinion changes any lol

[Image: IMG_8163.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8162.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8161.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8160.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8158.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8157.jpg]
[Image: IMG_8156.jpg]
hugs gayle
Looking good Gayle, I was thinking about ordering a few colours of air dry, if I ever feel I want to put another coat or something on my dolls or do more to the painted hair. Do you think it will sit ok on heat set paint ?? Im sure the air dry varnish would be a good buy too xx
I think it looks amazing so far and I am surprised at you not liking the heat set however I have always said I didn't know how you used the air dry as they are just too hard to work with and to me seemed to be unforgiving.

cheers

[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Hey Judy I have used my old bloomers n bows paints over the heat set paint and they have been f ine I haven't tried with the real effects yet but I don't see why it wouldn't be ok to do. I'll try some tomorrow and get back to you

Andi the reasons I don't like the heat set are well the fact you have to take the time to heat set them... then you have to wait for them to coll befor eyou can do more .... and I found the super hard to blend because i always seemed to be wiping it off. but thats just me and my issues lol
hugs gayle
That will be great if you would let me no Gayle, theirs often times when I think I wish I had given that baby another coat of this or that when I have rooted the hair and cant
Those paints would be brill if they work for the last minute tweaks xx
Hey Judy
tested it out by painting the eyebrows in the realeffects on one of my heat set babies then tried rubbing it off after 24 hours and its fine none came off although they do say leave it 72 hours before rooting or putting the baby together so that might be something for you to keep in mind Smile
I imagine you could do the same with any brand of air dry paint i'm planing on getting some luminare paints and trying them out as well eventually
hugs gayle
Nice experiment/
It looks amazing really.