Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re selling reborns
There is a bit of chat on facebook about reselling reborns and how they never seem to get the same money that people paid for them.
I can understand that some people sell their reborns to sort out debt but I do know many buy to actually sell on thinking they can make money.

I find that when people sell reborns on the photos are generally god awful and the dolls often look like they have been played with my 100s of kids so really what do people expect.

I do know that many artists are not getting anywhere the money they used to for these dolls but again times have changed and times are hard

whats your thoughts on the subject

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I think they depreciate in value the moment they are sold.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
bit like new cars lol

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
I agree, they lose their value soon as sold, as you say, like cars, but in the case of cars its the VAT element that you lose immediately , but I still love new cars lol. Hubby should get his next month.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
It is a little strange that these dolls do drop in value so much and really there are very few things that do drop, even toys and art works generally keep their value so why just reborns

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Yes you would think like art, they should hold value, I think it depends on the time, as sometimes they seem to sell really well on Trade me in NZ then there are lots on there and no sales.
I don't sell on there now as everyone seems to buy the cheap reborns! And then the fees are expensive.
I sell word of mouth, and from my website. At the moment I am getting repeat customers, so very lucky!
Cherie's Little Cherubs Nursery
REBORN DOLLS NZ
http://cheriesrebornbubs.webs.com/

I think it depends which kit it is . Example. I have a Quinlynn by Laura Lee Eagles and I believe she has gone up in value by quite a bit . I just watch auctions on eBay and that is where I get my prices from . I love the Quinlynn kit she is my fav. Her lips are sooo cute . Anyway back to topic I think they can go up in value but it all depends on what Kit it is and the quality of the reborn paintwork/hair.
(02-19-2017, 10:04 PM)bris_creations Wrote: I think it depends which kit it is . Example. I have a Quinlynn by Laura Lee Eagles and I believe she has gone up in value by quite a bit . I just watch auctions on eBay and that is where I get my prices from . I love the Quinlynn kit she is my fav. Her lips are sooo cute . Anyway back to topic I think they can go up in value but it all depends on what Kit it is and the quality of the reborn paintwork/hair.

A Quinlyn that is a blank kit is worth about 3 to 4 times the original kit price. A "reborned" Quinlyn is not appreciating except for the value of the stripped kit. But you are right - some kits appreciate. Jayden Scholl is one that comes to mind.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Thee have been a few kits over the years that have increased in value but not once they have been reborned (generally) I still think these dolls lose value once they have been adopted.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save