Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POPPY
The next baby to be reborn by me is the POPPY sculpt by Romie Strydon (LOL and we all know why I am laughing).

The sculpt is a limited edition of only 700 world wide and can be purchased with a tummy plate.
The eyes are closed on this baby and I have to say so far so good as the head is a lovely shape with great detail.

The legs are full which make such a difference when posing and dressing a baby, the arms re 3/4 with one hand close and the other half closed and I have to say the details in the hands and feet are lovely.
I am guessing Poppy will be somewhere between 20 and 21 inches when complete and should not only be a pretty baby as the sculpt is lovely but a really nice size baby as well.

The only down side to this sculpt is the cost as I have found the bodies which come with Romie's babies are poor quality and need to be replaced so purchasing another cost me $28 plus the tummy plate 0f $25.00 bringing the sculpt to well over $200 before any work is done on it.

The body that came with this sculpt does not have the jointed legs movement and replacing it is a good idea.
The vinyl is good quality however powdering can be an issue when doing the body wash but is easily corrected.

POPPY done by SOMEONE ELSE

[Image: poppy.jpg]

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Lovely kit this one look forward to seeing her Andama xx
I love this sculpt, can't wait to see how she looks when you're done Smile
I recently did this sculpt and she turned out beautiful. I did not have any issues with powdering though so I must have got a good one lol She has a nice big head on her too! lol I agree with you about the cost of the kit Andama bit disappointing but I think in the end she is worth it. Her feet are probably my fav, part on the kit lol

Here are some pics of the one I did, look forward to seeing yours when done Andi!

[Image: _MG_7551.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7561.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7563.jpg]
What another lovely baby!!!

You have made her into a real sweetie Kylie, very realistic.

Karen xxx
[Image: imagehra.jpg]

I just love my dolls!
wow she is beautiful, lets hope mine look as good. Did you do the tummy plate as well and what did you think of the body that came with the kit.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save