Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patents and China
so it turns out that China does no accept patents under free trade laws making everyone's (the reborn doll artists ) efforts to stop the Chinese stealing and copying doll sculpts a massive waste of time.

I would say the only way to make a difference for those who are artistic enough to be able to create these beautiful sculpts is to make them limited edition with certificates. This will not stop them being copied but it will decrease the value of the copies.

We will never stop people buying these copies HOWEVER the Chinese get greedy and we are already seeing these copies increasing in price making them much less appealing to artists.

I have been checking their prices on ebay and they are on the rise

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I have purchased a few from China, the vinyl is perfect, in fact its better then some artist kits. A lot of artists sold their sculpt to China when having the kits reproduced, so China are within their rights to continue to use the mold, they own it. I want to know why China can sell a kit at a quarter of the price an artist sells for, why? China are still making a large profit. I remember Ellie Knoops telling me she sold the mold of Luca to China, so knew they would at some time use it, she then made new limbs, I bought one from her direct with the new limbs.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

[Image: 413697283.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
That is interesting about the quality of the vinyl, I sometimes get very disappointed with the quality of some kits and have to say I try and avoid any that are made in India as they leech oil as they age.

I think the western world is  very expensive to live and wages are high where as China  is all about making money at any cost plus they still have the class issues and massive over population making it the employers market ( pretty much getting that way in the Western world as well)

They mass produce everything making it cheaper which kills off a lot of competition

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save