Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting with heat set paints
Hi, I just got done painting a baby, and when rooting the hair, the paint starting cracking and chipping off. Does anyone know why and if there is any fix for this issue?
[Image: 1000pxHarley_zps0f6750e1.jpg][Image: 1000pxHarley2_zps2c524ac0.jpg]
Did you seal it with matt varnish? I've heard of others that cracked with the matt varnish
Yes, and after that is when he cracked. I used the genesis heat set matte.
Genesis wont crack unless it was way too thick and then it tends to just go white and powdery

It may well have been the matt, you do not need to apply the matt as it is a choice thing and many of don't use it.

I believe you may well have to strip the doll as I dont think there is a way to correct it however someone else may have a suggestion which may help

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Thank you for the tip! I think I will do that since it only seems to be the head that is an issue.

Do you know if it's ok to use the air dry paints and then a heat set paint?
I only use heat set so I am not too sure about mixing the two

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
You might try baking the head again. I've heard that helps the cracking and "whiteness" issues of the matte. As far the heat set paints on top of air dry...you need to make sure the air dry has fully cured first.
Thank you ladies so much for your help! I will try baking the head again and see if that helps.
Let us know how things are going.
I use MB air dried paints.. I have heard that you can use ADP after GHSP but not the other way round... I would double check if you are thinking of using the two on the same kit!
HuGs KiM