Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Reborn
Hello! I am not a Reborn artist, but I do have 9 reborn dolls. My most recent baby was a custom, from the Harper kit, by Andrea Arcello. I was not very happy when I received her, yesterday, after the weeks of waiting for a custom of this sold out kit. Besides the wait, she is my most expensive baby. The main reason I was less than thrilled, was that the baby's skin tone is orange. Every time I look at the doll, it makes me sad. She was done with Genesis heat set paints and has rooted hair (not loving her hair, either). Is there anything that can be done, at this point, to fix the baby? I have other orange babies, but they are preemie, sleeping babies, so it isn't as big a deal. I can just think of them as having baby jaundice. To me, though, the Harper sculpt, in the orange skin tone, just looks dirty.
I would be sending her back as the only top fix her is to pull her apart and start again, Is the artist well known.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
(05-09-2019, 02:06 PM)andama Wrote: I would be sending her back as the only top fix her is to pull her apart and start again, Is the artist well known.

cheers

I am not sure if she is well known. I found her on Etsy. I am pretty new to this and ran out and bought many dolls, within a couple of months time, before I really knew what I was doing. Her reviews looked pretty good, except for a couple of them. She said she has been Reborning for 15 years and assured me that she could do what I wanted. After I paid her in full, things changed. She got sick, right away. Then she had a two week birthday celebration. Then, she said she was going to paint my baby on one weekend, and when I asked about it several days later, she said she had painted four other people's dolls, and that she would get to mine the next weekend. She also told me her personal problems. I finally decided to tell her mine in hopes she would quit whining to me. My husband has stage 4 cancer, so I told her that. I thought it would silence her. Instead, she told me more horror stories about her own life.  I really do not want to work with her again, as it was a stressful transaction. I was just hoping the baby could be fixed, but I didn't know if that was possible at this point.
That is really a shame, but if she painted 4 babies in one weekend then I can only imagine what your baby looks like. It takes me 20 hours to paint a baby with Genesis and then another 20-30 to root one head. Have you asked the artist about fixing the orange tones? I agree with Andi that stripping and repainting would be best, but blue washes will tone down orange (you could end up worse off though). Are you in the USA?
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
(05-17-2019, 07:23 AM)pia Wrote: That is really a shame, but if she painted 4 babies in one weekend then I can only imagine what your baby looks like. It takes me 20 hours to paint a baby with Genesis and then another 20-30 to root one head. Have you asked the artist about fixing the orange tones? I agree with Andi that stripping and repainting would be best, but blue washes will tone down orange (you could end up worse off though). Are you in the USA?
I can  not get your link to work

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Hmmmm. I am not sure why the link doesn't work. https://www.pinterest.com/EAJesse61/harp...a-arcello/
(05-18-2019, 09:04 AM)You andama Wrote: I can  not get your link to work

cheers

Worked for me! The rooting is NOT great. Did you provide the kit? I don’t think those are the original limbs?
Hi Pia--I did not provide the kit. I searched for the kit, but I found it was sold out, and then I found the artist, and she had the kit. I was so excited to find the kit. The limbs were changed out, as the limbs that came with the kit made the doll look like a linebacker. Even the prototype photo on the coa had different limbs, and other artists changed out the limbs, too, I saw, when I looked around, online. Yes, I am very much not thrilled with the hair. I originally wanted painted hair, but the artist said she preferred to root, so I figured she would know best. When she sent the preview photos to me, she didn't show me the back of the head, or the top, and I really didn't think to ask. The crown is the worst of it. The photos she sent before mailing the doll did not show the orange color of the skin, either.
So sad!