Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My trouble Princess
This is my trouble Princess her name is now Elsa Hope Cuddles I named her this because she needs a lot of love and she is the cuddles by donna rubert and this was the name I felt suited her. I love the sculpt but not the paint need to save some gold to have her repainted I think. For now she just got a new yarn wig to keep her head warm. I only had white and black yarn.

the old yarn wig or wighat (as the one in the "wig on big doll?" threadhttp://www.reborndolls.com.au/thread-105...l#pid92084)
[Image: e168f39d-9d36-4cb9-a895-db8a05edd790_zpslb758nnp.jpg]

And this is her with the new and better I made for her ontil I can get her remade.
[Image: 596d29d0-ba06-4f2d-93c4-5eadcbe7f272_zpsvvuujktf.jpg][Image: 81556ae7-4dc5-4154-abd0-5cf17bc7ff72_zpsij4f0tzi.jpg]

What do you think ?
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
The "wig" looks very unrealistic for a baby to me? Looks more like a costume. Have you considered rooting or using a human hair wig for her?
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
I know its unrealistic *lol* Its only temporary ontil I can afford to get her re-reborned Smile

RE: Wig on big doll ?
She is the cuddles sculpt by Donna Rupert.
I have never done it before but I had to reweight her because I got a shock when I got her home. She lost her head! a leg and her leg was full of sand! no bag no nothing ? Since I don't have any proper filling right now I have to use the sand and I did but now I have put it in plastic bags so I can remove it when I get proper filling. I enden up removing all limbs and filling there was sand everywhere!
So for now wig is on hold.
She is now proper weighted and feels wonderful to hold Smile
I love her very much but Smile she has no name jet since the artist did not make any papers for her dolls I’ll never buy from her again I think.
I have made her a ”hat wig” out of yarn to keep her head warm.

This is one of her temporary "wig hats" *lol*

I bought a reborn that I thought was finished apart from the hair bur she was all but finished Sad her paint was not finished and when i tried to just wipe some dust of with just a very little water some of the paint came of so i have put the real hair on hold ontil I can get her repainted aswell.

I can't afford to get her repainted for a long time Sad so wanted to make her someting to put on her head. I have a real wig but it is not done yetSmile
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
Fine glass beads do look very similar to sand so it may not be sand and it is not supposed to be in bags in the limbs. Glass beads get tipped into the limbs to the desired weight and topped with fibre fill. There are many ways to seal the limbs but an easy way is just to glue felt circles over the ends. Inside the cloth body you will need to put the beads inside nylons or cloth bags and stuff with fibre fill. Her paint should not come off ......if she is painted with genesis heat set paint she may not have been heat set at the right temperature
I asked her and it is sand. I can understand that the glassbeads is not in anything in the legs but as you write it should be topped with something but when the leg fell of there was sand everywhere.

She is supposed to be painted with genesis but the paint does come off Sad
but thanks Smile
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
If the paint has not been dried it will come off when handled.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
She should be dry atleast that is what I was told. And since she has been done and up for sale in I think just around 20 days it should be dry. Smile but I love her all the same Smile
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
[Image: b47acadb-deb0-41f4-a094-3ffaf1b6e363_zps9rrva1ml.jpg]

this is the wig I am working on it is far from done but I have found some one who is so kind and wants to help me in remaking her soo she will have rooted humen hair if all works out Smile and I'm sooo happy but it will take some time before I can afford it so until then I will try and make this wig fit her or maybe buy another one for her.

I just love her soo much
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
Sweet!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
thanks Smile
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•
I love reborns
•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•