Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My reborns and pets
Just thought I'd share something, but it might be considered more cute than funny.

I have a 2 year old chihuahua named Billie who loves my reborns. Whenever I put them on the couch he comes over and sits near them, eventually working his way closer and closer until he lays right next to them and looks around protectively (which he used to do with my baby guinea pigs). I don't usually leave my dolls alone on the couch because my sisters like to hide them from me, but with protector Billie on guard I know that he'll take care of them and if my sisters try to grab them he comes running to tell me. And as soon as I put the doll back on the couch he sniffs it all over then settles down to watch again. He will even jump into their cribs to lay with them for a nap! It's really cute to see him so protective of them since most of them are BIGGER THAN HIM!

I'm trying to teach him to not jump in the cribs, but with my cats it's a whole different story. They usually just sniff the dolls then go find something else to do, but they love to sleep in the cribs! I can leave my room for one minute and come back to find a cat in the crib! Now this is not as cute because they shed ALOT, and I don't like washing baby blankets and clothes over and over again!

But I still get a laugh seeing a little cat face pop up over the top of a crib whenever I enter my room!
lol sounds sweet!
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]
That does sound sweet!! I have a cat who used to kiss my Bella on her head often. The cat never jumped into Bella's bed, though.
Jackie of Heaven's Delight Nursery

My girls, Rose, CeeCee, sera, bella, and mariella
[Image: 302aa431-bba3-46eb-beed-176870f1862d_zpskcvarsrt.jpg]
That is sweet and I love how he feels he's protecting them.
My cats like to curl up with my babies too so I have to keep the nursery door closed . When I go in they run like crazy to get in there with them. I have one that will curl up in the car seat with a baby.
[Image: Judymae.jpg]
It is amazing how many people talk about their dogs loving their reborns and I know that mine always have.

I do know lots of people who tell me their cats either really dislike them or couldn't give a toss lol.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Yeah, Billie is my sweet little brother whom I adore wholeheartedly.
But I think that he gets protective of the dolls mostly because of guilt. Because when I first started reborning and had bought my first kit and nearly finished her I laid her out on my bed but became tired and fell asleep, which was a HUGE mistake!
I had forgotten about the new puppy! I had forgotten about the tiny teething terror!
Needless to say, I had to shake out my blankets to find all the little chunks of chewed up vinyl.
oh no !!!!! how heartbreaking!!! bet your puppy was popular then !!! lol x
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]
Loved reading about Billie being protective, I found when I had my
dog, now long gone, that he would come and cuddle up when he knew
that I was poorly, try to tuck his head in my shoulder when I was
laying down. Had him for 18 years, miss him still, could not bear the
thought of another dog, still can't.
Designer crochet baby clothing

[Image: Screen%20shot%202017-03-22%20at%209.17.3...fhiue2.png]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
(01-16-2011, 07:24 PM)threads Wrote: Loved reading about Billie being protective, I found when I had my
dog, now long gone, that he would come and cuddle up when he knew
that I was poorly, try to tuck his head in my shoulder when I was
laying down. Had him for 18 years, miss him still, could not bear the
thought of another dog, still can't.

I'm sorry for your loss, I know it's not the same but I was in tears when my baby mouse died (the store offered me another but I couldn't even look at them), and when I had to give up my guinea pigs. Losing a loved one is very hard, no matter what species. Glad you liked Billie's story though, maybe I'll post some pics of him later.