Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Reborn-River Josiah*Updated*
Stork 
This is my first reborn River Josiah (R.J.)! He is a Blaze kit by Donna RuBert. I am so in love! I had a blast painting/creating this little guy!! Any suggestions or critiques are welcome!

Thanks for looking!!
[Image: rj2]
[Image: rj]
[Image: rj3]
[Image: rj4]
[Image: rj5]
Nice first baby. I don't see any blushing on the soles of his feet in the pictures. I usually blush finger tips to the first knuckle too, but we all do, it differently. Your first baby looks great, no wonder you ar in love with him!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
He looks really sweet for a first baby...well done! I did notice he has no eyelashes but doesn't look like he needs them anyway. Cute as !
Cheers xx
Lynn
I don't know how to do lashes yet so he doesn't have any...suggestions?
(04-19-2014, 05:23 AM)tishyrae Wrote: I don't know how to do lashes yet so he doesn't have any...suggestions?

Hi there.. some artists use purchased lashes cut to size and stick them on and others will root them in with mohair and a felting needle. Both ways are pretty fiddly with an open eyed doll. There are tutorials on u-tube that are pretty good. I don't have a link at the moment tho. If you google
"reborn doll eyelashes on youtube"
you will come up with a big list of video's to watch.
Hope they help!
Cheers xx
Lynn
I hate putting in eyes and eyelashes, the worst part of reborning,
yours needs a little shine on his lips I think.
Designer crochet baby clothing
[Image: 413760785.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
Thanks for the info. I qm panicky about routing his eye Lisa or any part of him really. I may try...hmmm!
(04-19-2014, 05:35 AM)Missly Wrote:
(04-19-2014, 05:23 AM)tishyrae Wrote: I don't know how to do lashes yet so he doesn't have any...suggestions?

Hi there.. some artists use purchased lashes cut to size and stick them on and others will root them in with mohair and a felting needle. Both ways are pretty fiddly with an open eyed doll. There are tutorials on u-tube that are pretty good. I don't have a link at the moment tho. If you google
"reborn doll eyelashes on youtube"
you will come up with a big list of video's to watch.
Hope they help!
Cheers xx
Lynn

(04-19-2014, 05:23 PM)threads Wrote: I hate putting in eyes and eyelashes, the worst part of reborning,
yours needs a little shine on his lips I think.

I added some gloss. I think you were right! Thx Smile
WOW...really good....you should have seen MY first baby...ugly as all get out!!!

Your little guy is SO cute!!!!
[Image: LOGOforEBAY-1-1.jpg]
Save
Great job!!!!
[img][Image: lp_zps0d28864a.jpg][/img]
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!