Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more china scams
I have been looking on ebay at dolls being made in China and was surprized to find a doll which looks very much like Elly Knoops Luca but what was interesting was this doll was being auctioned starting at $1 with postage being $99.

I was also pleased to see that no one bid on it.

I have also noticed that postage from China is now around $50 per kit which should pretty much price them out of the market.

This was the kit and it was headed Naked baby lol

[Image: Screen%20shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.27.3...1nuejv.png]

[Image: Screen%20shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.29.0...n9jwiq.png]

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Chinese knockoffs are becoming a nuisance :+(
[Image: LOGOforEBAY-1-1.jpg]
Save
I think that this might be the DK-12 china kit and a torso has been added to it. When I FIRST started reborning, I bought the DK-12 for $30.00 or something like that (clueless about stolen sculpts in 2012) and it reborned very sweetly. Smelled like vanilla scented trash bags. Although she resembles Luca, I am not sure it is a true copy.
[Image: 0f1dd7d5-2f20-41d2-825a-04a3234b9d5d_zps9a3a5a08.jpg]
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Its amazing how the cost has increased since you purchased one of these kits.

I would not purchase kits IF the sculpt (design) has been listed as stolen by the designer. There are many sites and people who have lists of what has been copied and why we should not buy from China but provide no proof that they have actually been stolen.

There are a lot of busy bodies in this industry and some who are very righteous and some who should mind their own business ho hum lol

I hear lots of things about the kits from China and some people like them and others don't.

I did not purchase from Bountiful baby until a couple of months ago as their quality was dreadful then I tried them after being assured the faults had been ironed out and I am very happy with the kits I have ordered. I have not however tried any from China and doubt I would with the prices now being so high.

Interested in other people opinions on the subject

cheers

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I think the dk-12 kit that you reborned Pia is not the same as the luca copy that Andama posted. When you reborned her Pia there didn't appear to be the problem of China (NPK factory) copying. I remember it all seemed to start with Fridolin where China was selling these stolen copies very cheap and as the reborners didn't seem to care that they were stolen it encouraged NPK to copy many more. It has now got right out of hand and it is really sad for the sculptors.
Just reading your comment about bountiful baby kits Andama, are they ok kits now, because I'm about to look for kits to buy, the ones from irresistables are great kits but expensive.
Cherie's Little Cherubs Nursery
REBORN DOLLS NZ
http://cheriesrebornbubs.webs.com/