Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ill/ disabled Reborns being considered wrong
I was searching through the variety of kits which have special needs and I stumbled across a mums net thread where a parent was saying that disabled Reborns or preemies were disgusting and sick, they believed they were the ultimate in the horror of these things. Of course I've come across many haters of Reborns over my two or three year experience in the community but I really struggle to see why people would see these dolls as 'worse.' I have a number of disabilities myself and can't see how something that is representing disabled children in a positive way could be wrong.
Thoughts?
It is hard to argue with a double didget IQ lol, some people have an uncontrollable need to show how stupid they are ROFL

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Andi thanx for the chuckle I needed that... And I totally agree with u... Very sad person indeed!
HuGs KiM
[Image: Certificate_zpsb0009b42.png]
I don't feel it would be right to have realistic baby dolls without having some with disabilities, because that's reality! Not all babies are born 100% healthy and "normal", but that doesn't mean they're not beautiful and shouldn't be equally represented.

I would personally love to have a reborn doll with down syndrome, I think they're the sweetest little babies!
Don't worry about the simple minds.
I read in Dementia patients, particularly women retain their innate mothering instinct, and Reborns are often used in Dementia Hospitals because when they have a patient particularly confused and distressed they put a reborn in their arms and they become quiet and settled. Smile
At the end of the day, if someone wants a baby doll with downs, or a cleft lip, or whatever else, they are the client, it's up to them. Why are people so judgmental (apart from being thick, as Andama says lol). It isn't harming anyone else!! We are all God's creatures, whatever our flaws. Personally I think there are far creepier things, there was someone selling a sculpture of a fetus at about 16-18 weeks once and I thought that was very odd. Interesting from a scientific perspective but they were marketing it to ladies who had miscarried which I thought was a bit off and probably not good for someone grieving. But again, each to their own. They think reborns are sick? Maybe. But I think Mumsnet is mainly populated by a bunch of middle-aged hormonal 'right-on' luvvie lunatics. We're all entitled to our opinions!! ;-)
Caroline Stratfull
Reborn Baby Dolls UK Midlands
http://www.littlebrownbunnysrebornnursery.co.uk

lol Caroline

love it
cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save