Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi I'm Xander
Wink 
I'm a 25 year old male (I know, I don't fit into the Mummy type, sorry?)

I got into reborn dolls this year fully. A good, good few years ago I saw a documentary on it on channel 4 or the like in the UK and was interested in the art side of it. But this year it came back into my life when videos started popping up on youtube and again, I was amazingly interested in the art of it and watching everyone enjoy the hobby so much was a joy to see. So I got my own doll.

I suffer with motor neuron ticks (like torrents but no effing and blinding, just uncontrollable body movements especially in times of stress) and holding the doll turned out to be one of the most amazing this I have experienced in years as it practically stops my movements. I've found myself able to function and do things I haven't in years. Including art, which if you couldn't guess by me mentioning it is very important to me. I used to be able to make a living as an artist before.
I hope one day to own a full silicone doll as those are the ones I would love to see in person.

So I just wanted to say "Hi to everyone!" I think your work is ineradicable and it's lovely to see.
Welcome to Baby Banter Xander. Sorry to read you have motor neuron ticks and great that holding a reborn doll helps with that.
Thanks for the welcome.
Welcome to our group Smile
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]
Hi Xander, sorry about the motor neuron but i'm so glad to see that reborning has helped in such a profound way!! Welcome to the forum, it's nice to "meet" you. You will enjoy the art and the forum but watch out for the addiction, it creeps up on you really fast!! All of us reborners have it!! Make sure to ask questions (if you have any as you go) and post pictures of your babies as you finish them!! Enjoy your journey!!
Hi Xander welcome to Baby banter and it is always nice to have a male in the group.

It is interesting what helps different diseases, I was talking to friend the other day who has parkinsons disease and he was saying that walking is very difficult but he has just discovered that he can ride a push bike really well with no ticks or shakes which gives him a freedom he thought he had lost.

I look forward to seeing of your art work

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Hi Xander,

It's nice to meet you. I'm also new here. Smile I think it's cool that reborns give you a sense of comfort. I'm all about doll therapy. I have arthritis, and I don't know if the dolls can help me with that, but they can certainly bring mental comfort. As a fellow artist who loves all things art, I'm really glad that the dolls helped you get back into art. For an artist, it's a very important part of living.
Hi Xander!!

WELCOME to the group!!!
[Image: LOGOforEBAY-1-1.jpg]
Save
Hi, Xander, and welcome, reborns are so helpful in many ways, so glad you get some enjoyment from them. I hope you enjoy the group!
Cherie's Little Cherubs Nursery
REBORN DOLLS NZ
http://cheriesrebornbubs.webs.com/

Hello! Welcome to the world of reborns! Would love to see pictures of your baby!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]