Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat lamp for warming the head to root
I was wondering if anyone knew where else I might find this ... from the United States
this looks perfect but it's for pre orders
http://www.cityofrebornangels.com.au/onl...pre-order/

Attached Files
.jpg   E69D7254CFCF55154FDFFBA2B815AE58.jpg (Size: 41.04 KB / Downloads: 9)
I thought maybe MacPhersons in Canada but on investigating that's a NO. Sorry.
to tell the truth it looks like the inside of any table lamp and can be purchased at most hardware or lighting shops. Take the photo to a lighting shop and they will have one with a cord and bulb.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I thought the same thing... get the innards of a cheap lamp... modify a neck ring attach something to keep the light in place... done... personally I think it is over kill and the cord would annoy me... what is wrong with the old headed sock of rice? I also wonder if the light would put you off when rooting! Would love the hear from someone that has used it!
HuGs KiM
The days of hard heads are gone so I am not sure why the heads need to be heated anymore. I find all the kits I buy these days seem to be really soft

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Andi, there are still some really hard heads out there. I have recently been purchasing some of the more expensive kits (for me anyway) and have been disappointed in most of them. I don't know if they are old or what (they are not new sculpts) but they have really hard heads and that's a drag after paying good money for them. I just purchased a Prince George and his limbs are so nice and soft but his head is NOT the same, it is much firmer. Those hard headed babies are hard to root.
I love that Prince George kit so it is disappointing to hear that the head is different to the limbs. I was actually unaware that there are still hard heads out there which is also disappointing.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Thanks for the 'heads up' on the George kit. I was literally going to ask if anyone had one and how the vinyl was!! The Charlotte kits look good. Nikki Johnston's and Ping Lau's.
I spoke to Ms Brenda at Macphearsons she said they are working on one with a plug to fit our outlets in the US
My Coco malu head is MUCH harder than the limbs, the limbs feel like rubber compared to the head, and I'm having trouble with the paint sticking