Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genesis Paints
Hello, girls,

As I said before, I have never painted in my life.... I bought a starter Genesis Paint Set, with basic colors, two flesh tones, burnt umber, matte varnish, and gloss varnish.
I've been looking around, and found out some premixed paints for sale (Peach and Cream, Strawberry and Sweetheart Rose Complexions).
Does someone use them? If so, what do you say?
Are they easier to use, for a beginner?

thanks,

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
Hi Andrea i use the paints you have mentioned I love them, they are great to work with .Especially for blushing,creases and wrinkles and lips.They go on smoothly and as thin as you want which means they can be layered so you do not get that paint on the surface look but rather a transparent under the skin look. always remember to wipe any excess paint off the brush to get a barely there application .I use a makeup eye shadow brush to blush the tips of fingers and toes and lips
To do any washes or mottling I suggest you buy unmixed colours(they come in blush colours too)because they are best mixed with odourless solvent to a transparent thin consistency

I thin wash of burnt umber will warm up the complexion of a too pale baby at any time in the process

Another good thing to have in your paint kit is authentic skin texture coat which can be used instead of matt varnish for a final coat ( gives texture with out the roughness) If you buy it let me know and I can give you a tutorial on the forum.

Hope I have not confused you.... I tend to get carried away.... sorry.
Cheers
Sue
[Image: babies32.gif]

Liveffects Nursery-Reborn Baby Dolls
http://staormin4.wix.com/liveffects-nursery-1
(10-17-2011, 11:28 PM)liveffects Wrote: Hi Andrea i use the paints you have mentioned I love them, they are great to work with .Especially for blushing,creases and wrinkles and lips.They go on smoothly and as thin as you want which means they can be layered so you do not get that paint on the surface look but rather a transparent under the skin look. always remember to wipe any excess paint off the brush to get a barely there application .I use a makeup eye shadow brush to blush the tips of fingers and toes and lips
To do any washes or mottling I suggest you buy unmixed colours(they come in blush colours too)because they are best mixed with odourless solvent to a transparent thin consistency

I thin wash of burnt umber will warm up the complexion of a too pale baby at any time in the process

Another good thing to have in your paint kit is authentic skin texture coat which can be used instead of matt varnish for a final coat ( gives texture with out the roughness) If you buy it let me know and I can give you a tutorial on the forum.

Hope I have not confused you.... I tend to get carried away.... sorry.

Oh, no, I'm not confused! I appreciate (and understood) your help very much, thank you! Smile

Andrea Melo
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
Hi Andrea, I also use the premixed and love them, like Sue says it is good to have some unmixed colours so you can do things such as washes.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Oh, it's so good to hear that! I mess it all up when mixing paints, LOL Big Grin) Thank you, girls! Wink

I have been taking mental notes about everything you say and setting up my materials and paints. It's such a blessing to have such lovely people to advise me! Smile

Andrea Melo
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
I use the Genesis Peaches and Cream set. I love the complexion it gives my babies Smile
hugs,
~ Sandra ~

Kirby Kids Nursery
They are good Sandra I totally agree and Andrea we are very lucky to have such a nice group of people on this forum

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Take those mental notes and things you've learned (or want to try) and write them down! I did that and it sure helped! Made things go more smoothly with Dumplin. Smile And, yes, thank goodness we have some wonderful angels on this forum to guide us along the reborn way... Big Grin
[Image: LaurieMarie.jpg]
~Laurie Marie~
Be My Baby Nursery
(10-18-2011, 08:48 AM)Lovin2Reborn Wrote: Take those mental notes and things you've learned (or want to try) and write them down! I did that and it sure helped! Made things go more smoothly with Dumplin. Smile And, yes, thank goodness we have some wonderful angels on this forum to guide us along the reborn way... Big Grin

So true! Smile

I've got a notebook where I should put the steps and everything I have to do. Haven't used it yet..... but for Jonas kit I will! Wink

Andrea Melo
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal