Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Kit???
Question 
I have been looking at kits for a while. Let me start by saying I only ever painted one doll. It was many years ago, but she came out well. I followed a tutorial and the doll looked nice. That being said, I would love to try again. I have been watching tutorial after tutorial on Youtube. And I have been looking at kits on Bountiful Baby as they have the most affordable kits and I would not want to ruin an expensive doll kit so obviously would not start with something like Liam, Katie-Marie, or Arianna, etc.

I am thinking Sweetie would be a good first choice. I love it's peaceful look and the size (21 inches). Is there any reason why it's not a good first kit? Any other recommendations for first kits? 

I think it would be good to do a sleeping baby first.

I'll be practicing on some play dolls in the meantime.

I'd like to do a Kitten in the future. I'm thinking she is probably not a good beginner kit.
Bountiful Baby kits are the most affordable. I love the RealBorn kits WAY more than the sculpted kits from Bountiful Baby. The seconds kits are rarely flawed so a nice “deal”. Choosing a sleeper is a great idea. Good luck on your reborning venture.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Big Grin 
(06-16-2019, 03:07 PM)pia Wrote: Bountiful Baby kits are the most affordable. I love the RealBorn kits WAY more than the sculpted kits from Bountiful Baby. The seconds kits are rarely flawed so a nice “deal”. Choosing a sleeper is a great idea. Good luck on your reborning venture.

Thanks! I have been itching to get started for a while and I think Bountiful Baby's kits are beautiful and a great value. I saw them recommended on a thread about Chinese kits, checked them out, and their kits are really nice. 

I picked a sleeper because I know I'm not ready for the eye thing, lol! ^_^
Do Bountiful babies still have seconds for sale as I dont see them online anymore

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
(06-19-2019, 12:08 PM)andama Wrote: Do Bountiful babies still have seconds for sale as I dont see them online anymore

cheers

Yes.. right now, the sale prices are better than the seconds prices because the Pratt’s are buying another 3D scanner and needing funds.. there are almost always some “seconds” listed too.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Realborn kits are really good value and very detailed, I often use these, check out my Lavender in buy and sell section Smile xx
Luv [Image: KateKDRtransp.gif] x

Katescradles
Reborn Artist Catherine Turner
http://pinterest.com/katescradles/

[Image: newlogo.jpg]