Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake formula.
What do you people use to make a fake formula in a bottle for your reborns?
Hi Kazzi,

I mix white water based paint with water and seal the top on with glue so it doesnt come out.

Cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Another way to make fake formula
Tools for the job: Baby bottle, clear silicone sealant, strong clear glue

Remove the lid from the bottle and take off the teat. We need to seal up the teat so the formula doesn't leak out.

Put a smidge of sealant inside the teat
Then with your finger or a cotton bud, spread the sealant inside the teat, covering the hole. Leave the sealant to dry overnight.
Place the teat back in the screw on ring, fill your bottle with formula and check to see if the teat is water tight. If it is, take the screw on ring off the bottle and place some clear glue on the threads of the bottle then screw it back on again. Leave for 24 hours for the glue to set. You will not need the plastic sealing disc so you can chuck it away. When the glue is all dry, place the dust cap on the bottle and there you have it.

1 bottle of white concentrated fabric conditioner (softner)
1/3 bottle of ASDA concentrated conditioning creme (almond brown one)
Mix them both together, adding the brown conditioner a bit at a time, when you get to a nice milky colour, you have it! Use this to fill your bottles.

I don't know about brands as I got this from someone in the Uk and haven't had a chance to look at the shops and i haven't tried making it yet

some people use a mix of acrylic paints and water but i hear that it seperates so you have to shake it back together, or instead of almond brown conditioning creme you can dip a coctail stick in yellow food colouring and mix with the softner and that will give it a creamy ting.
Hey OM,

One of the good things about you is the fantastic detail you go into when answering a question. Go you good thing.

You are also right the paint does seperate if left to sit for a while.

Cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Well now we know how to make everything babies drink lol.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
QUOTE: Well now we know how to make everything babies drink lol.

Um, what about breastmilk???

Just follow the directions for making fake formula but make it more watery looking. Why not add a sticker to your baby's bottle reading: Breast is Best too! Big Grin

Personally, I refuse to add fake formula to my baby package as I will not perpetuate this common mainstream thinking that all babies drink formula and only formula when the perfect food for a baby is breastmilk.

*hops down off soap box*Tongue
Hi Lotus,

Im kind of guessing that being a fake baby that fake milk is better lol.

Cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Hey Lotus
Yes you could water down the fake formula to make it look more like breast milk

Although I do agree with you about breast being best I do disagree with sticking a sticker stating that breast is best on my fake formula bottles as some women may find it offensive and it can be a sensitive topic. some women have no choice and have to use formula
Hugs Gayle
i dont have a problem with giving a baby a bottle of formula thats adopted. To establish bf with an adopted baby is a lot of time and work... so to send a bottle, with an adopted baby is fine with me.

i too agree for REAL LIVE babies that breast is best. But i hardly think that what i choose to send with a reborn will effect the choices a Real Life mother will make.

I personally believe we need to encourage and support real bf mothers and leave the bf debate out of our reborns, simply because it appears as bf nazis, and this i know puts a heck of a lot of women off bf for real.

lets calmly remind ourselves, as gorgous and real life as we make them their still dolls....
[Image: P1015463-1-1.jpg]
CindyJ, I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one Smile

Quote:But i hardly think that what i choose to send with a reborn will effect the choices a Real Life mother will make.

Yes, it will and it will effect her children's choices also because it sends them a not so subtle message that babies drink from bottles. For this reason I choose not to include bottles at all with my babies.

Quote:as gorgous and real life as we make them their still dolls....

obviously, but you are missing the point. They are life like dolls, ie, they represent real life babies. I see myself as having a responsibility to market my dolls in a way that also suits my morals and ethics.

Quote:I personally believe we need to encourage and support real bf mothers and leave the bf debate out of our reborns, simply because it appears as bf nazis, and this i know puts a heck of a lot of women off bf for real.

I resent the use of the word, 'nazi' here and I do hope this will be edited. Nazi's were responsible for the deaths of millions of incident people and using such a word in association with breastfeeding advocacy is highly insulting.

Quote:dont have a problem with giving a baby a bottle of formula thats adopted. To establish bf with an adopted baby is a lot of time and work... so to send a bottle, with an adopted baby is fine with me.

That's a good point. I wasn't thinking of the babies as being 'adopted.'

You may have guessed that I work in the area of women and baby health (childbirth educator, Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum Doula, Lactation counsellor) so this is something that is close to my heart. I have seen many mothers give up breastfeeding at the first hint of trouble, or mothers who don't even give it a go, because of this societal belief that feeding with artificial milk is just as good. It is the subtle social conditioning that does this and much of that comes from having almost every baby doll you find in a toy shop coming with a fake bottle of fake milk. For this reason, I choose not to include bottles with my babies. Smile