Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancing
I have found that people like cheaper dolls but ones that look realish so I have started enhancing department store dolls usually the black ones.
I root the hair, do the nails, add blush and that's it, I put the baby back onto its original body and sell it for around $120-$150 I have to buy the hair of course which is anywhere between $15 and $50 and the dolls range around $15 for a 18-20 inch but I buy them on sale for around $7.30. This is a nice profit and affordable for people and for some reason the black or dark dolls are really popular.

I call this my bread and butter money and the dolls look good, am making one at the moment so will post photos when it is finished. Here she is with her hair underway. I found that money is very tight everywhere at the moment and people love these enhanced babiesI do not advertise them as reborns.

I am not offended by critique or comments so tell me what you guys think

[Image: IMG_6031_zpslzdwxto4.jpg]

and yes the heads are hard lol so I use a 36g 3 barb needle and that way I do not have to heat the head

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
That's a great idea, and she looks great so far! Would love to see her all finished!
Cherie's Little Cherubs Nursery
REBORN DOLLS NZ
http://cheriesrebornbubs.webs.com/

what a great idea, ,look forward to seeing her completed, she looks to have a really sweet face
Designer crochet baby clothing 

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
I have decided that I need to go with the times and the times mean change, however I do get to make many kinds of dolls so I am very grateful and I do actually enjoy the enhanced ones.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
I think you are SO innovative.....I LOVE the term you've coined
"Enhanced Dolls"....a whole new niche!!!
[Image: LOGOforEBAY-1-1.jpg]
Save
aww thanks for the positive feed back guys, I have found that people are happy to pay around $120 for an enhanced baby doll and as I have already said it is all about affordability these days.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Great plan and an opportunity to make more people happy!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
Lovely face on this one, and like you say opens the market to more customers who cant afford or don't ant to pay certain prices for a reborn. I bought my self a doll last year for my self, she was titled as reborn but I know they weren't from me making reborns myself... but the doll is very cute and lifelike which is the reason I bought her. I like the idea of the title `Enhanced`. Ive done a cheaper doll kit before, reborned it and titled it reborn... as long as we enjoy and do our best its the best way to be. This little one will be lovely and I cant wait to see her/him...
T T F N......Ta Ta for now, :-) luv vicky x