Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay reborns
I was very surprised when on ebay today to see a big change when it comes to listings of reborn dolls (in Australia).

I was stunned to find the first two pages full of mass produced Chinese dolls not even reborns listed.
The reborns I did find were a bit of a sad act as the cheaper ones under 200 had very badly rooted hair and paint work that left a lot to be desired, the the ones that were over 300 I found were mostly bald babies.

It seems that the real artists are using social media to sell their babies.

What are your thoughts on the subject

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I get fed up trying to find the real reborns you trawl through pages and pages and only a few are showing. Factory made doll should be be calle reborn - China is doing this more and more, I had a customer in December who told me she had paid a lot of money for a doll from China, but when it arrived she realised it was factory made but to ship it back would be prohibitive under PP rules, she was over the moon with the one she bought from me for a fraction of what she had paid for a bit of rubbish, her words not mine, Ebay should do something about it. I know a lot of ladies are trying to sell their dolls on Facebook, there are a lot of sites to join to buy from, but even then some look rubbish for a lot of money, and some cheaper ones are great. If buying you must ask for loads of close up photos.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

[Image: 414084362.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
I have to agree with you Maxina,  I don't buy off facebook but having said that I don't sell my reborns on their either. I also have noticed a large number of facebook pages appearing where sales can be listed and I have to delete posts all the time from Baby banter facebook.

Times are a changing

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I use Amazon or eBay to buy reborn but only as base. I later add some improvements to make them look better.

I didn't find any good reborn doll in those sites. The only way I have to find very good and unique reborn doll (in my country Italy) is to search in private Facebook groups.

I wonder if you have some seuggested places online where to buy reborn dolls in Australia. I already have someone can ship the doll to me in Sydney area.

Thanks.Smile
Italian ambassador of reborn dolls
(01-28-2019, 04:20 PM)loverdoll77 Wrote: I use Amazon or eBay to buy reborn but only as base. I later add some improvements to make them look better.

I didn't find any good reborn doll in those sites. The only way I have to find very good and unique reborn doll (in my country Italy) is to search in private Facebook groups.

I wonder if you have some seuggested places online where to buy reborn dolls in Australia. I already have someone can ship the doll to me in Sydney area.

Thanks.Smile

Judy West is in Australia.. she was a member of this forum, but I am not sure she is able to log in since the format changed? You should be able to find her on FaceBook.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]