Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Out My Scuplts Of Reborn Baby Dolls
I couldn't seem to find a thread on this so I have made a new one . You might not know but not only do I paint reborns but I also sculpt them. I love sculpting reborn dolls . Im thinking of getting this one made into vinyl. What do you think should I get it made into vinyl ? Is it good enough ? Please note that as this is currently a polymer clay sculpt it has not been painted . I would love some feedback
Thanks Bri

[Image: 29etd2f.jpg]
I can see that you have a lot of talent but I also feel it might be wise to spend a little more time on refining your "baby". In my opinion you should try to even up the size and shape of the eyes. It's really hard to set eyes on your vinyl baby when the eyes are not equal, and they never seem to have the right look when they are different. Another thing that maybe you could work on is "softening' the features somewhat. You definitely are headed in the right direction. This sculpt may not be quite ready to market but keep going and you will come up with one soon that is!! Don't get discouraged, keep working, sculpting isn't easy, since you reborn you will realize all the things that a reborner is looking for in a kit. Practice makes perfect!! Keep going!!
I agree with the points Lynn has mentioned, but you will get him ( I feel a boy ) perfect soon
Designer crochet baby clothing 

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
Thanks so much guys appreciate the feedback . I still have the sanding process to go I believe this should 'soften it' . Yes I agree the baby eyes need to be equal . I was able to fix this . Here is a better pic (sorry I could not get the other photo to flip) Hopefully this pic wont be sideways XD
[Image: Screen%20shot%202017-02-13%20at%204.03.5...sbiaa3.png]
I admire your persistence in trying for a "baby". Something about this face reminds me more of an old person. Don't give up, but don't do a kit yet.
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
I don't believe this sculpt is ready to be made into vinyl but you're on the right track, keep at it. Practice makes perfect Smile
I tend to agree that more work is needed before this could be made into a sculpt that would sell well. There is not much details on the hands or face and the head is pretty bumpy but it will look good when more work is done. I also think the eyes need more work

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Appreciate the feedback Smile thanks guys Smile