Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel classes
I teach doll making classes every Sunday and I do not charge for the classes nor the paints nor teas and snacks that I make for my group. it is a nice day and generally lots of fun however I have a new member who now comes to the craft group who a couple of the old members don't like...... not for any reason other than they just dont  like her and they either ignore her or are very rude to her and I am now finding it very rather distressing for me and more to the point very disrespectful to me as this shows no respect or care for my feeling and they know how something like this effects me as I see no reason for it. We are all over 60 and I do not understand why there is such a lack of kindness in people or the need to be so bloody rude to another human being. This woman has stress issues but not enough to be annoying. ANYWAY  I am thinking that I will cancel all my craft classes in a few weeks as our markets close due to it being too cold here to have outside markets in the winter so that will leave my Saturdays free and my classes are on Sunday's so cancelling them will also give me Sunday's off.  I would rather not teach than be always on my guard waiting for someone to be rude to this woman as it  puts my nerves on edge and I can see how upset the woman gets when people have a go at her. We all have worked with people we did not like and we have groups where we dont like some people in it but should we not be able to be civil.

Any suggestions from you guys.

dolly hugs
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
So I thought about it today and I do not want to cancel the classes however I will need to remove the lady that is causing the grief so I will change her class day and make her a one on one student with fortnightly lessons with her doll making. She will be much better on her own than with others and the woman she is so rude to all the time will not be any the wiser.

I think that will work better

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
So difficult, but I am glad you have thougth through it and found a solution. Personality conflicts are sure a challenge!
Pia Allen - Edmond, Oklahoma
[Image: 2b936076-674d-40a5-a66e-6a92444980ca_zpsd3072c0f.jpg]
I totally agree and it's so childish, we should be more than that at our age.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
That unfortunately appears to be the reborn world I no longer want to be in, I would have suggested a one to one if you could do that, and was pleased to read further down that's what you have decided to do. Why oh why are some people so nasty to others, tolerance is needed at any age, but some have never heard of the word.
Designer crochet baby clothing 

[Image: 414084362.jpg]

Follow me on Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/threadsbyme/
All is sorted now so hopefully things will level out a bit, some people can never be changed but it is what it is and we just live around it lol.  Thanks for the support guys 

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Teach them lessons by always treating others equal. We at the IAC Doll Show are going through this type of behaviour on a daily. Still more and more artists are coming to us and letting us know about shows and certain people that are purposely sabotaging our show. I am a father of 6 and my wife has MS. This is her dream and vision for her passion. Our kids are involved everyday with Canadas first International Show. We want everyone to enjoy themselves and come visit Canada and see the love we genuinely have for this artwork because we know how it helps so many with anxiety or energy issues, mental illnesses etc. No one should ever feel left out because of things they can’t control. It is only a bad thing when problems arise intentionally. Good on you for addressing the issue. Stay true to the facts and stick up for those who can’t.
I think you need to enjoy the show and getting it organized and if you do that then like minded people will be there for you. Besides is always annoys people when you seem to not be bothered by their pity ways lol

dolly hugs
Andama Dujon

Save