Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berenger reborns
Hi everyone ,

I may seem a little silly here but when you see a berenger reborn, does this mean that they are made from toy dolls and not a sculpted kit?

If so, what are the differences?

Thanks,

Karen xxx
[Image: imagehra.jpg]

I just love my dolls!
Hi Karen,
Yes that is exactly what it means. A berenguer play born is stripped of all factory paint and head sanded back to get any grooves away from the moulded hair, and then new eyes added, and painted to be a baby, the same way we do with a vinyl doll kit. I have a few here to try, that i purchased new, but have to get a few bits and pieces for them yet. Hope you are feeling better.
Rach xx
Hi Cindy yes they are made from the toy dolls usually bought from department stores. The only real difference is that you have to strip the paint and wash the doll before painting it. Sometimes they have a cloth body sometimes they are full vinyl.
[Image: ariannaversion2pinkdress.jpg]
ummm some actually come in kit form which have not had factory paint yet so there may not be stripping involved
hugs gayle
and they make some of the cutest babies lol.

I make them as they allow people on a budget to buy a reborn as I can make these much cheaper because my brother strips them for me saving me lots of work.
He is really good that way.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I bought a Berenguer from KMart to try- the same doll as Chrissandra's signature above. Do you replace the vinyl body with cloth, or do you just paint the whole thing? Also, does anyone know what size eyes?
Thanks
[Image: DSC_0284.jpg]

16mm eyes I think and you can buy full limb jointed body or use the one with it or cut the vinyl body up and make a tummy plate etc

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
I have done both cloth body and kept the vinyl body. I was happy with both results and so were the new adoptive parents.
[Image: ariannaversion2pinkdress.jpg]
Thanks- that's helpful.
[Image: DSC_0284.jpg]