Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bees and water
Did you know that bees in a hive will start to die when the outside temps get over 36 degrees so they need water. Bees can not land on water they land on things floating in the water and drink.

To create a watering station for bees, you don't need to spend much money or any fancy equipment. Simply take a bucket, pail or trough and fill it with water. Float an ample supply of wine corks in the water to give bees a landing pad so they can drink their fill of water and you're done.

Once bees discover the source of water they'll visit throughout the day, but prime bee watching occurs just before sundown as bees take their last drink before returning to the hive for the night.

Bees are in decline so having a watering station will help them survive in the summer.

I use bowls and birdbaths with twigs etc in them so the bees and insects can land and have a drink.

cheer
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
What a neat idea Andama!Never knew that about bees.
Hugs Katrina xox

[Image: BlankBKRNTag2013.jpg]
Facebook:Blissful Kissables Katrina Shield
Blog:http://blissfulkissables.blogspot.com.au
Hey that is cool to know and learn something very interesting too Smile
Do we have bee's in oz cos I don't seem to see any. Really sad if they die out Sad

Hugs
Brig xXx
mmm, my hubby will like this little tit bit. He loves bees. He used to keep them.
(09-18-2013, 08:33 PM)brigg Wrote: Hey that is cool to know and learn something very interesting too Smile
Do we have bee's in oz cos I don't seem to see any. Really sad if they die out Sad

Hugs
Brig xXx

Brigg our bee population is decreasing so anything we do to help is a good thing and even something as simple as water can save a hive.

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
How nice for the bees!! We have plenty of bees in NZ, gladly send you some lol!!!
Cherie's Little Cherubs Nursery
REBORN DOLLS NZ
http://cheriesrebornbubs.webs.com/