Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BARRY
at the moment I am re-borning the Barry Head by Adrie Stoete with a boy torso and I have to say I have never liked the Barry head as it is just tooooo boy-ish if that makes any sense, HOWEVER I discovered a genesis paint called baby tan premixed and decided to use it on the Barry head and then add really dark brown eyes and so far this baby is looking amazing. I have done 5 layers of skin colour adding small amounts of blue , burnt umber and flesh 05 to the premixed tan and the colour that Barry has become is beautiful. I would not consider him to be an AA baby or a bi-racial but more ethnic even perhaps Italian.
The body and torso needed one extra layer of flesh to bring it to the same colour as the head and torso have been made by different companies.
I would now say I liked the Barry head by Adrie Stoete more so as a non white baby.
Anyway I will post photos of the boy when he is finished.

The Barry head is of course to the usual high standards we get from Adrie Stoete kits and is a beautiful quality vinyl to paint and is very easy to colour. Rooting the head is also a dream again because of the quality of the vinyl. I would recommend this boy for reborning along with any of the Stoete sculpts simply because of the quality of the vinyl and of course the overall detail in her babies.

PHOTO OF THE BARRY HEAD NOT DONE BY ME LOL

[Image: barrythumb.jpg]

CHEERS
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Yeah love this one one of my all time favorites xx
lol See I would not even put this sculpt on my list of maybe's but as an ethnic I really like him.

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
Loving the frown he so looks like my son when he was a baby. Cant wait to see him when he's finished.
Cheers for the positive comments guys and this baby boy is due 3rd of July so shall post the photos.
Andama Dujon

Save
BARRY finished and done as an ethnic baby boy.

PROTOTYPE not done by me

[Image: barrythumb.jpg]

My version.

[Image: IMG_9754-1.jpg]

cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
OMG that is incredible. When I first saw the Barry doll I actually thought it was one of the ugliest ones I had seen lol. What an incredible transformation, Hunter is gorgeous. You are such a talented lady Andama your dolls are simply devine.

Warm regards,
Karen xx
Thanks guys for the really nice comments on the Barry sculpt, I know I upset a couple of people who really love this sculpt when I said I didn't like it however those people have been both amazing and very supportive with my version of the doll.
I have to say I like the end result and feel this sculpt would also as a light skin ethnic make a stunning little girl. I doubt I would buy another to make as this one took two goes and a lot of work to get the colour right for what I wanted however if anyone else out there has made the Barry I would love to see the photos especially as an ethnic or AA as I have not been able to find any other AA than mine.

Cheers
Andama Dujon

Save
All babies looks so angry birds Smile
I love this.