Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Photo Studio
Cool 
I wasn't sure where to post this so here it is. I have a question. I have held off on posting babies for sale until next month. I am working on a space in my house for my official photo studio. I want to upgrade my camera and have lighting equipment so that I can get more professional looking photos of my babies.

Does anyone else have a studio setup? What cameras and lighting do you suggest and can I see how your photo area is set up. I have already been stocking up on props. I just want some suggestions on getting the right lighting and equipment.

Thanks in advance ladies. You ladies always help me out!
[Image: forumlogo15_zpsgacc9kxd.jpg]
Good question,

Truth be told I take all my photos outside on my deck in natural light but I do know a few artists who use studios. I look forward to reading the comments

cheers
[Image: happy_flamingo.gif]
Andama Dujon
www.reborndollsaustralia.com

Save
Me too - I take mine outside mostly in natural light but would be very interested to hear what everybody else does. I think my photography skills could do with much improvement Big Grin and I would be happy to read everybody's hints.
Cheers
I've been wanting to try and photograph my doll outside but unfortunately it's been raining for days now :/ I have a Canon EOS 450D which supposed to be a decent camera at least it was when I bought it couple of years ago. I can take clear pictures with it but it's so big I barely use it anymore Big Grin
[Image: f6d23540-8c0a-434a-89e8-77a473d81ef3_zps8c2a2d43.jpg]
I take my pictures outside in the daylight, i would love some tips if anyone has them how to get my pictures looking better, x
[Image: 1152e2aa-16c0-41a6-b8d8-7a99150a659a_zps405f46c4.jpg]
Looking on ebay for good camera's can help Smile I got one on sale for $100 (OR. $400) , my sister is a newborn photographer, I heard used equipment can still be expensive, even damaged, I suggest opening up a window and putting up some nice wallpaper in the bckg. and BAM, great photo lol. You can also try making up some props, like old buckets, and putting the baby inside with some faux fur poking out, I don't know lol, being unique is the key! Good luck : ) xx
Great ideas! I will try them all!
I use my craft lamp to photograph my babies, when I am photographing them inside the house. And a camera I bought some years ago.

I also photograph them in my nursery, during the day. Props, a nice background and that's all.

Andrea Melo
http://www.babiesnestnursery.com
Reborn Dolls
Reborn Babies
Bebés Reborn
Bonecas Realistas
Portugal
(03-18-2014, 02:57 AM)amelo1969 Wrote: I use my craft lamp to photograph my babies, when I am photographing them inside the house. And a camera a bought some years ago.

I also photograph them in my nursery, during the day. Props, a nice background and that's all.

Thanks, I didn't think of a craft lamp, I will try that out.
I take my photos inside near large windows with the curtains/blinds pulled out of the way to let as much natural light in.I generally use backdrops which is just material or blankets.I have a Canon 1100D but just use auto function or macro for details.If my flash fires I know the lighting is too dark so I just wait.I find taking pictures outside does not pick up alot of my detail I put into my babies.Props are also very handy in making your pics nice,especially big furry cushions!My sister just recently gave me a baby beanbag to use and it is fantastic.Just have fun and experiment.I nearly always have over 100 photos from a baby shoot and then I just pic out the best xx Oh and do pose your baby naturally and differently in positions and take pics from all angles.
Hugs Katrina xox

[Image: BlankBKRNTag2013.jpg]
Facebook:Blissful Kissables Katrina Shield
Blog:http://blissfulkissables.blogspot.com.au